Minden Municipal Swimming Pool
Pool Hours starting May 30, 2022:
- DAILY HOURS:
- 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Holidays
- Lunch Laps 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Aerobics 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays & Sundays beginning June 6, 2022.
- Final classes for the summer of 2022: 7-8pm on July 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Back to School Hours starting August 1, 2022:
- August 1st - 9th: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- August 12th: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- August 19th: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- August 20th: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- August 21st: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- August 26th: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- August 27th: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- August 28th: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- September 4th: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- September 5th: 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- AUGUST 4TH--BACK TO SCHOOL BASH
- Special Scoops Ice Cream Truck 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Diving for Coins
- Floaty & Pool Noodle Party
- SEPTEMBER 5TH--LAST DAY
- PUPPY PLUNGE
ALL POOL PATRONS must have completed the form below to enter the pool
- Acknowledgement of Minden Pool Rules and Regulations
- FORM HERE
Season Passes / Day Passes
- Daily pool admission: $4 for ages 3 & older
- Season passes: $110 for families / $60 for individuals / $35 for caregiver/ $25 for Health Pass
- Lunch Laps: $1 per day
- Aerobics: $2 per class
2022 Red Cross Swimming Lessons
- June 6-10: Levels 1-6 (Ages 5+)
- June 13-17: Pre-K (Ages 2-4)
- Max of 16 students per session per level
- $30 per session
- Lessons Sign-Up
Private Swimming Lessons
- Offered by City Lifeguards
- $50 payable to the City of Minden
- 5 lessons of 30 minutes each (2.5 hrs total)
- Swimmers must pay pool admission or present pool pass for each lesson
Sign up to Receive TEXT or EMAIL alerts when the pool will be closed or closes early
Patrons are allowed to use the phone to call for a ride. Phone is NOT to be used to call for forgotten items or to call friends.
Lightning / Thunder / Storms
- Patrons will be moved into the bathhouse during lightning, thunder, and rain. According to the National Lightening Safety Institute (NLSI), we must wait 30 minutes after the thunder and lightning stop entirely before letting patrons get back into the water.
- The manager on duty will notify lifeguards on duty of the weather situation. If a tornado watch is issued, relay the information to everyone in the facility so swimmers may start home or use the phone to call for a ride. Patrons can seek shelter in the pool bathhouse for safety.
- In case of a tornado warning, guards will clear pool immediately. Generally, there is 3 minutes after a warning is issued before a tornado hits so it is very important to be able to guide occupants to the designated shelter area as quickly and efficiently as possible. Guards will blow their whistles to gain the attention of the patrons, and announce that they have to clear the pool immediately due to a tornado warning. It may not be possible to move all occupants into this area so it is necessary to be aware of specific things to AVOID if the shelter area cannot be reached.
- No food or drinks allowed in pool area; water in plastic container is allowed
- Absolutely NO running
- No dunking
- No play objects in the deep water
- No pushing
- Stay off ropes
- One bounce on the boards
- Only two people on the boards at one time
- No backing up on the boards
- Eligibility for the deep requires swimming across the deep end and back for lifeguards on duty
- No shoulder riding
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn at all times
- No profanity or abusive language will be tolerated
- Children under 8 must be supervised by an adult or caregiver at all times. The caregiver must be at least 14 years of age.
- Children 4 years old and under, as well as all non-swimmers, must be within arm’s reach of a supervising adult or caregiver at all times. The caregiver must be at least 14 years of age. Life jackets/floaties of any kind indicate the child is a non-swimmer.
- Ten-minute rest breaks will occur every hour. Patrons should use this time to sit and rest away from the edge of the pool. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may remain swimming.
- Swimmers will not be permitted into the pool if muddy
- Lifeguards reserve the right to ask anyone to leave if improper conduct is exhibited
- For unattended children at the pool 10 minutes after closing (including emergency closings), guards will call the police who will assume responsibility for the unattended child.
If you have a grievance, follow the link below to report to the City Administrator.