Minden Municipal Swimming Pool
Pool Hours 2020:
- DAILY SESSIONS--Max of 25 patrons per session, 1 session per day per patron
- 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
- 2:30 pm - 3:45 pm
- 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm
- 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm
- Online sign-up will be available on Facebook and the City’s pool webpage starting Fridays at noon.
- RESERVE YOUR SWIMMING TIME FOR:
- June 21-27, 2020 https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904054BABAF2EA3FD0-pool
- June 17 - 20, 2020 https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904054BAAAB2EA0FF2-pool
- Lunch Laps 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Aerobics beginning June 23rd 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays & Thursdays
ALL POOL PATRONS must have completed the forms below to enter the pool
- Acknowledgement of Minden Pool Rules and Regulations
- Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus / COVID-19
- FORMS HERE
Season Passes / Day Passes
- Daily pool admission: $3 for ages 3 & older
- Season passes: $100 for families / $35 for caregiver / $60 for individuals / $25 for Health Pass
- Lunch Laps: $1 per day
- Aerobics: $2 per class
2020 Red Cross Swimming Lessons
- July 6-10 & July 13-17, 2020
- Levels offered: Ages 3 & 4, Levels 1-6
- Max of 10 students per session per level, MINIMUM AGE 5 for Levels 1-6
- $30 per session
- Lessons Sign-Up
Private Swimming Lessons
- offered by City Lifeguards
- $50 payable to the City of Minden
- 5 lessons of 30 minutes each (2.5 hrs total)
- swimmers must pay pool admission or present pool pass for each lesson
Sign up to Receive TEXT or EMAIL alerts when the pool will be closed or closes early
Patrons are allowed to use the phone to call for a ride. Phone is NOT to be used to call for forgotten items or to call friends.
Lightning / Thunder / Storms
- Patrons will be moved into the bathhouse during lightning, thunder, and rain.According to the National Lightening Safety Institute (NLSI), we must wait 30 minutes after the thunder and lightning stop entirely before letting patrons get back into the water.
- The manager on duty will notify lifeguards on duty of the weather situation. If a tornado watch is issued, relay the information to everyone in the facility so swimmers may start home or use the phone to call for a ride. Patrons can seek shelter in the pool bathhouse for safety.
- In case of a tornado warning, guards will clear pool immediately. Generally, there is 3 minutes after a warning is issued before a tornado hits so it is very important to be able to guide occupants to the designated shelter area as quickly and efficiently as possible. Guards will blow their whistles to gain the attention of the patrons, and announce that they have to clear the pool immediately due to a tornado warning. It may not be possible to move all occupants into this area so it is necessary to be aware of specific things to AVOID if the shelter area cannot be reached.
- No food or drinks allowed in pool area; water in plastic container is allowed
- Absolutely NO running
- No dunking
- No play objects in the deep water
- No pushing
- Stay off ropes
- One bounce on the boards
- Only two people on the boards at one time
- No backing up on the boards
- Eligibility for the deep requires swimming across the deep end and back for lifeguards on duty
- No shoulder riding
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn at all times
- No profanity or abusive language will be tolerated
- Children under 8 must be supervised by an adult or caregiver at all times. The caregiver must be at least 14 years of age.
- Children 4 years old and under, as well as all non-swimmers, must be within arm’s reach of a supervising adult or caregiver at all times. The caregiver must be at least 14 years of age. Life jackets/floaties of any kind indicate the child is a non-swimmer.
- Ten-minute rest breaks will occur every hour. Patrons should use this time to sit and rest away from the edge of the pool. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may remain swimming.
- Swimmers will not be permitted into the pool if muddy
- Lifeguards reserve the right to ask anyone to leave if improper conduct is exhibited
If you have a grievance, follow the link below to report to the City Administrator.