City Administrator/ Finance Director Responsibilities
City Administrator/Finance Director
325 N. Colorado
P.O. Box 239
Ph: (308) 832-1820
Fx: (308) 832-1949
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The City Administrator is appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the Council to be the chief administrative officer of the city. The Administrator is responsible for administration of City officers. The exact duties of the Administrator are laid out in the City Ordinances and State statutes, but the Council may add to these responsibilities.
- Manages the affairs of the City; any department, division or service thereof; and any contract or obligation of the City.
- Exercises general supervision and control over all real and personal property of the City.
- Administers, supervises, responsible for and coordinates all departments, divisions and services of the City which are under the control and jurisdiction of the Mayor.
- Serves as public relations officer of the City.
- Analyzes the functions, activities, duties and responsibilities of the various departments, divisions and services of the City and of all officers and employees thereof.
- Serves as a liaison between the Mayor/Council and the Boards of the City.
- Attends all meetings of the City Council, including Executive Sessions.
- Responsible for formal yearly evaluations of all City employees.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans.
- Communicates official plans, policies and procedures to staff and the general public.
- Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget.
- Determines work procedures and studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Performs or assists subordinates in performing duties; adjusts errors and complaints.
- Prepares a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes.
- Appoints and removes all department heads, officers and employees of the city, except members of the council.
- See that all laws and ordinances are faithfully performed.
- Prepares and submits a preliminary annual City budget.
- Advises the City Council of financial conditions and current and future city needs.