Minden Municipal Swimming Pool
Kim Olson & Keaton Gracey
Minden Municipal Swimming Pool
508 E. 9th
Ph: (308) 832-2605
Monday - Sunday
1:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Memorial Day to mid-to-late August
- Daily Hours: 1-7:30 pm
- Holiday Hours: 1-5 pm
Sign up to Receive TEXT or EMAIL alerts when the pool will be closed or closes early
- Patrons are allowed to use the phone to call for a ride. Phone is NOT to be used to call for forgotten items or to call friends.
Lightning / Thunder / Storms
- Patrons will be moved into the bathhouse during lightning, thunder, and rain. According to the National Lightening Safety Institute (NLSI), we must wait 30 minutes after the thunder and lightning stop entirely before letting patrons get back into the water.
- The manager on duty will notify lifeguards on duty of the weather
situation. If a tornado watch is
issued, relay the information to everyone in the facility so swimmers may start
home or use the phone to call for a ride.
Patrons can seek shelter in the pool bathhouse for safety.
- In case of a tornado warning, guards will clear pool immediately. Generally,
there is 3 minutes after a warning is issued before a tornado hits so it is
very important to be able to guide occupants to the designated shelter area as
quickly and efficiently as possible. Guards will blow their whistles to gain the
attention of the patrons, and announce that they have to clear the pool
immediately due to a tornado warning. It
may not be possible to move all occupants into this area so it is
necessary to be aware of specific things to AVOID if the shelter area cannot be
Season Passes / Day Passes
- No food or drinks allowed in pool area; water in plastic container is allowed
- Absolutely NO running
- No dunking
- No play objects in the deep water
- No pushing
- Stay off ropes
- One bounce on the boards
- Only two people on the boards at one time
- No backing up on the boards
- Eligibility for the deep requires swimming across the deep end and back for lifeguards on duty
- No shoulder riding
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn at all times
- No profanity or abusive language will be tolerated
- Children under 8 must be supervised by an adult or caregiver at all times. The caregiver must be at least 14 years of age.
- Children 4 years old and under, as well as all non-swimmers, must be within arm’s reach of a supervising adult or caregiver at all times. The caregiver must be at least 14 years of age. Lifejackets/floaties of any kind indicate the child is a non-swimmer.
- Ten-minute rest breaks will occur every hour. Patrons should use this time to sit and rest away from the edge of the pool. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may remain swimming.
- Swimmers will not be permitted into the pool if muddy
- Lifeguards reserve the right to ask anyone to leave if improper conduct is exhibited
- Daily pool admission: $5 for 12 & older / $4 for 12 & under
- Season passes: $100 for families / $125 for families +2 / $50 for individuals
Red Cross Swimming Lessons
- June 11-15 & June 25 -30
- Level 1 - 10:00-10:30 am
- Level 1 - 9:00 - 9:30 am
- Level 2 - 9:30-10:00 am
- Level 3 & 4 - 8:30-9:00 am
- Max of 10 students per session per level, MINIMUM AGE 5
- $25 per session
- Sign up here