Maintaining Road Safety
The City of Minden is responsible for snow removal on all city streets except Highway 6 / 34, Highway 10 and Highway 74. Citizens are asked to move their vehicles off the streets if at all possible to allow for a quicker and easier snow removal process.
Snow Removal Policy
The City of Minden begins snow removal when four inches of snow has accumulated on the ground or as conditions warrant.
Snow Emergency Declaration
Ordinance 979 allows a snow emergency to be declared whenever the mayor, city administrator and/or the chief of police shall find that weather conditions make it necessary so that motor vehicle traffic can be expedited. When a snow emergency is declared, parking is prohibited on all emergency snow routes and parked vehicles on emergency snow routes may be towed.
In the event of a snow emergency, all local media sources will be notified. Notification will also be placed on the City of Minden's homepage
and Facebook page
Emergency Snow Routes
- View Map
- Third Street from Brown Avenue to Minden Avenue
- Fifth Street from Gilman Street to Garber Street
- Campbell from Blaine Street to Colorado Street
- Colorado from St. Clair Street to Highway 6 / 34
- First Street from the west city limits to Brown Avenue
- Garber from First Street to Highway 6/34
- Gilman Avenue from First Street to Fifth Street
- St. Clair from Garfield Street to Colorado Street
- Blaine Street from First Street to St. Clair Street