What hazardous wastes are accepted for disposal?

Household hazardous waste can be disposed of. There is no cost involved. The following hazardous wastes are accepted:

  • Auto care products (such as brake fluid, deicer, lubricant and sealants)
  • Home cleaners and other miscellaneous home items (such as bleach, degreasers, disinfectants, and lighter fluid)
  • Pesticides and pet care items (such as animal repellent, fungicide, herbicide, insecticide, flea and tick control and stain / odor remover)
  • Landscape and yard debris / items (such as fertilizer, lawn care debris, and swimming pool products)
  • Home maintenance items (such as paint, stain, varnish, paint thinner, stripper and adhesive)

Items may be left in the bin to the South of the City's Street Dept.  The building is located to the NW of Garber and Hwy 6/34.  The building is a blue quonset.

Show All Answers

1. What hazardous wastes are accepted for disposal?
2. When is the grass clippings pile and tree pile open and where are they located?
3. How do I report a street light that is out?
4. How do I know if a snow emergency has been declared?
5. How do I report a pothole?
6. What are the snow emergency routes in town?
7. How often does the street sweeper clean the streets?
8. Who do I contact about getting streets blocked off?
9. How do I find out if the city will be picking up branches after a storm?
10. What if I am parked on an emergency snow route and a snow emergency is declared?
11. My vehicle was towed during a snow emergency, who do I contact?
12. When will my street be repaired?