Local Business Incentives

KCEDA Small Business Funds

The KCEDA funding source is available to anyone with a business or beginning a business in Kearney County. Funds can be used for a variety of options…business start-up, building improvements, façade remodeling, equipment, expansion, and other items needed for your business. Contact Laurel Thorell at

Façade Improvement Fund (FIFund)

The purpose of the Façade Improvement Fund (FIFund) is to restore, improve or create historic architectural features to facades of commercial buildings anywhere within Kearney County's city's or villages. Applicants may be awarded up to $3,000 for facades, storefronts and awnings with a 20% matching dollar expenditure by the owner/tenant.

City and County Reuse Loan Funds

The City and County's Revolving Loan Funds (RLF) are used to assist businesses and developers by providing low interest loans for business start-ups, business expansion, building rehabilitation and other designated uses. The Reuse Loan program carries the same requirements that current Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) loans do. Interest, length, etc. are variable with each loan. View the Regional Reuse Loan Fund Application.

REAP Business Loans

Rural Enterprise Assistance Microenterprise Program provides counseling, technical assistance and training for small business owners as well as low interest loans to small businesses with five employees or less. View the REAP Business Loan Application. Contact Craig Eberle at (402) 736-4417 or .

Tax Increment Financing (TIF)

Tax Increment Financing (TIF)is primarily designed to finance the public costs associated with a private development project. Property tax increases resulting from a new development are targeted to repay the public investment required by a project. TIF projects may be commercial, residential, industrial, or mixed use. Generally, TIF funds can be used for land acquisition, public improvements and amenities, infrastructure, and utilities. View the Nebraska's Department of Economic Development website for more information or contact the City of Minden office at 308.832.1820.